Gender And Energy Network Of Lesotho Training Workshop
This report provides a detailed report and assessment of a workshop that was held under the auspices of the Gender and Energy Network of Lesotho (GENOL), which is an affiliate of ENERGIA, the International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy, from the 24th to 28th November 2008, in Maseru. The key deliverables of the workshop were to strengthen and enhance further, building on previous initiatives, the capabilities of GENOL members and other stakeholders in mainstreaming gender in energy projects. The training workshop on mainstreaming gender in energy projects was attended by 11 participants, five male and six female. The workshop participants came from various civil society organisations, community based organisations, academic institutions, energy technology institutions and government departments. The workshop consisted of 14 different sessions focusing on energy and the linkages between energy and gender.
The main objectives of the workshop:
- Strengthen the capacity of project developers and managers to mainstream gender in the design and implementation of energy projects.
- Equip the participants with the skills and tools for mainstreaming gender in energy projects.
- Develop draft action plans for mainstreaming gender in energy projects in Lesotho.
- The case of Lesotho has highlighted the need to review the focus on training.
- It is proposed that the ENERGIA International Secretariat continues sending information to members on funding opportunities.
- Having used the training modules it is recommended that Module 2 be reviewed as it contains sections that are unclear.
- Overall the workshop was a success as there was full participation and commitment from the participants, who were eager to learn.
- Partnerships and support networks were also established as a result of the workshop.
A two day Follow-up Workshop was held for members of GENOL from 31st July to 1st August 2009. The workshop was aimed at assessing progress made on the implementation of gender action plans developed during the earlier workshop held from 24th to 28th .
Mainstreaming Gender in Energy Projects Training Workshop, 2008- Download
Mainstreaming Gender in Energy Projects Training Workshop Follow Up, 2009 - Download